About Me

My photo
There are moments in time where our eyes are not used for sight, but to tell a story. Eyes can tell so much about a person: their journeys, heartaches, successes and thoughts within. From these instances, beautiful art is born. I have been an artist since I could hold a crayon. I really enjoy creating amazing pieces of art for people and seeing their smiling faces. I am able to create just about anything! I hope you enjoy my website and art. I create custom paintings and murals of all kinds. Feel free to contact me at eyecanseearts@gmail.com. I can't wait to create for you!

Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Days

"My days of the week" Oil Painting

Funny story to go along with this one...

When I was in 10th grade at Ashland High School, my art teacher Mrs. Boyer asked the class to 'paint your personality'. I began this painting and Mrs. Boyer viewed it one day and asked what this symbolized? I explained to her that I know she would think I was crazy, but I see colors as my days of each week. I associate Sunday with red, Monday with yellow, Tuesday with magenta, Wednesday with orange, Thursday with Purple, Friday with baby blue, and Saturday with Black/Grey. Mrs. Boyer then told me that I wasn't crazy... that I actually had a 6th sense, so to speak. I asked her what she was talking about, she said Synesthesia, it's the combining of two senses subconsciously. I combine words or the calendar with colors. I swear, I'm not crazy! I've been this way ever since I could remember...and my days never change. One odd thing, however, is that I don't associate ANY day as green. Weird?

2 comments:

  1. Not weird. I have this condition too, but with numbers, not days of the week (you weirdo!). It is very hard NOT to see this -- black and white numbers do not appear as such to me. Well except for 1 which is white and 0 which is black. But 2 is pink, 3 is green, 4 is yellow. 5 is kind of fuzzy. It's black, but not as black as 0. And so on. kinda weird and neat at the same time. It's only recently that I discovered this was unusual and actually had a name. I thought everyone saw things like I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, John! I've learned to embrace my unique ability and use it with my artwork. Thank you for viewing!

    ReplyDelete